Benefit from all the essential learning and development you need to become a high-performing manager
This two-module intensive programme will help you build upon your existing success and prepare for advances in your career by: extending your expertise in all operational parts of your job; developing your leadership approach; testing yourself against high standards, and building skills for increased effectiveness.
Who is it for?
You are likely to be:
- a high potential mid-level manager who is new to general management
- a senior functional or technical specialist in transition to general management
- a country manager or business unit head
- managing a large/complex project across teams, functions or borders.
Ashridge's research and experience across industry tells us that successful executives who want to succeed in general management and business leadership positions excel in four areas of competence:
- Providing leadership
- Setting direction
- Making the most of people
- Driving growth and realising results.
These are the main areas that our Fast-Track Advanced Management Programme (Fast-Track AMP) cover.
Benefits to you and your organisation
- You will leave the Fast-Track AMP better equipped, more confident, with a better knowledge of what you can do, and a greater appetite for pushing the limits
- You will be given all the theory, tools and techniques you need, and the opportunity to try them out in a safe environment
- You will build a professional network with fellow learners taking the same development path
- An Ashridge-accredited coach will work with you in 1:1 coaching sessions to agree your personal learning objectives and development needs, how to test and apply your learning and how to take things forward into your job.
Why choose an Ashridge Open Programme?
Programme content and structure
In preparation for the residential part of your programme, you will complete the following:
- A Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to assess your personality type and problem-solving styles
- An online FIRO-B questionnaire which measures how a person typically behaves towards others and how they would like others to behave towards them
- A BELBIN self-perception inventory to measure your preferred behaviour when working within a group
- These coupled with pre-programme reading will help prepare you for this demanding yet rewarding programme.
During your residential stay, Ashridge's techniques combine proven frameworks for best business management practice with experiential learning in a supportive environment.
The programme design combines input sessions with practical exercises, case studies and peer review groups, culminating in a live case consulting assignment and day-long simulation at the end of the second module, to consolidate your learning.
The programme focuses on four areas of competence:
Setting Direction - understanding the organisation, its strategy and its financials; working out how it can win customers, achieve its goals and remain sustainable.
Providing Leadership - understanding yourself and what it takes to be a leader; working out your own model and how to make it work in practice.
Making the Most of People developing tools and techniques for making the most of your people; influencing widely and winning support; being impactful and personally effective.
Driving Growth and Realising Results working out how to turn strategy into action; finding routes to growth and making innovation happen.
- Tutors will facilitate a Webex web conference for the group, six weeks after the second module of the residential phase. This will allow you and the other participants in your group to review your actions and support you all to make further progress
- After each module action learning sets offer participants the chance to bring their current concerns and issues to a small group. Each person is listened to, supported and challenged to think about their issue from new perspectives and come up with fresh ways of approaching it
- As a participant you automatically join the The Ashridge Network where you can continue your personal development and networking
- Your personal development is supported with access to Virtual Ashridge content via your programme portal for twelve months after your programme
- You can keep your personal development on track with one-to-one coaching sessions tailored to your specific requirements as well as access ongoing support from Ashridge Momentum. Please contact our Programme Advisors for further information.