This three day programme provides an in-depth, critical examination of HR processes and assesses the potential contribution of HR processes and practices to overall business objectives. We begin by setting the human resource context, in which we examine how the business strategy of your organisation can be linked to its HR processes to deliver sustained success. You will explore innovative examples of ‘best HR practice’ in Talent Attraction and Retention, Performance Management and Individual Development. You will assess the connection between the HR processes. In addition you will work on assignments with a diverse group of human resource professionals and line managers, gaining invaluable personal and professional insights as you share information.
Participants in ‘HR Effectiveness’ will:
- Understand the overall HR context today, including: the challenges of keeping staff motivated during organisational restructuring; the importance of Total Workforce Management; and the ways human resources can be seen and applied as a business partner
- Be able to identify where to improve your organisation’s HR processes
- Be able to establish better connections between core HR processes, and build stronger capabilities in each process
- Be able to establish better connection between overall business processes and HR processes
- Share knowledge with other HR professionals and line managers from diverse companies and backgrounds.
In HR Effectiveness you will develop the knowledge and skills to focus on your own organisation’s HR processes, exploring ways in which you can contribute to the overall strategic goals of the company by creating greater efficiency in your HR processes.
- HR Business Partners, HR Advisors and HR Specialists who want to increase the strategic contribution of HR
- HR Managers who want to improve the effectiveness of HR processes
- Line Managers who want to build better linkages between HR and their business area.
Day 1: From Strategy to Action – The Central Role of HR Processes
Setting the HR Context
Complementary Processes and Practices
Talent Attraction & Nurturing
Retaining Talent – Expectations Management
Dinner and guest speaker
Day 2: Enhancing performance
Performance Management in Dynamic Conditions
Day 3: The Need for Development
Identifying Development Needs
Execution in HR